Monday, March 2, 2009

Obama will sign earmark laden budget bill

The Obama Administration bragged about the lack of earmarks in the stimulus bill. Of course, it was still full of pork projects for Obama supporters. They just didn't meet the definition of an earmark. A few short days later, Barack Obama has no problems with earmarks.

President Obama to Sign Pork-Laden Omnibus Spending Bill
March 02, 2009 8:29 AM

Obama administration officials Sunday announced that despite expressed "concerns" with the billions in earmarks contained in the $410 billion omnibus spending bill -- and campaign pledges to "slash earmarks by more than half" -- the President would sign the bill.

Taxpayers for Common Sense says the bill contains 8,570 earmarks at a cost of $7.7 billion. An estimated 60% of the earmarks are from Democrats, while Republicans requested the remaining 40%.(excerpt) read more at

No comments: