* The license plates on the 1993 Nissan Pathfinder were stolen from a repair shop in Connecticut.
* The Pathfinder itself was sold three weeks ago through Craig's List. The last registered owner says he got $1300 in cash from a young man who looked "Middle Eastern" or "Hispanic."
* The FBI says they have a "person of interest" in the case -- a naturalized American citizen of Pakistani origin who recently returned from an extended visit to Pakistan.
* There is also apparently physical evidence within the Nissan that indicates that at least one of its recent passengers had been in contact with someone in Pakistan. (No, I don't quite know what that means, either. My hunch is a cell phone was found and its memory of recent calls examined.)
* The bomb had some serious flaws in its design. Some have likened it to one constructed using sources as the infamous "Anarchist Cookbook."
Monday, May 3, 2010
NY Mayor Bloomberg Speculates Bomber Was Mad About ObamaCare
Liberals like Bloomberg would love to pin this on the Tea Party movement, but it looks like they are out of luck. FOX News is reporting new developments. Wizbang Blog has a nice summary: