Democratic Underground is a very popular liberal message board. Recently, they have been undergoing a meltdown as liberals become increasing frustrated at Barack Obama's inability to quickly implement their far left agenda. They have implemented a new set of posting rules at Democratic Underground to bring their lefty posters under control. The rule changes vary from pure comedy to the absurd. Posters can no longer insult each other by using the "C" word. No, not that "C" word. They can't call another liberal poster a Conservative. Also, posters can no longer advocate voting against Democrats or for third party candidates. Oh, and they are banned from calling Barack Obama by his childhood name of "Barry."
Inappropriate attacks against Democrats:
- Insults against prominent Democrats, such as “F— Obama.”
- Name-calling against prominent Democrats. Calling Barack Obama “Barry” or some other name.
- Repeating Republican partisan attacks against Democrats.
- Broadly suggesting that there is no difference between Barack Obama and George W. Bush, or that there is no difference between Democrats and Republicans. (Arguing that specific policies are the same would be permitted.)
- Suggesting that President Obama has perpetrated a “con job” or “fraud,” or similarly over-the-top assertions of bad faith.
- Advocating voting against Democrats, or in favor of third-party or GOP candidates.
- Broad-brush smears against Democrats generally. Broad expressions of contempt toward Democrats generally.
Personal Attack – When discussing individual DU members, the following are considered personal attacks:
- Personal attacks, name-calling, or other insults.
- Telling someone to “shut up,” “screw you,” “go away,” “f— off,” or the like.
- Calling someone a liar, or calling a post a lie.
– Calling someone a conservative, disruptor, or similar.
- Calling someone a bigot.
- Belittling someone for being new or having a low post count.
- Negatively “calling out” someone who is not participating in the discussion.