Monday, February 2, 2015

Follow up: How is that ceasefire in Ukraine going?

In spite of the news media ignoring what is happening in the Ukraine, there is no ceasefire. 

In eastern Ukraine, the Kiev military reported no let-up in separatist attacks on government positions.
Clashes are intense around the town of Debaltseve, Kiev spokesman Polyovy said, referring to a Kiev-held transport hub connecting the two main rebel strongholds that separatists aim to cut off, though the situation remained "under control".
The rebel advance has succeeded in seizing part of nearby Vuhlehirsk, he said. On Sunday the town was being pounded by near-constant shelling, a Reuters witness reported.
The Interior Ministry said seven civilians had been killed on Sunday in the shelling of Debaltseve, while the Luhansk regional administration said three civilians had been killed in shelling across the region overnight.
Residents are being encouraged to abandon the areas of fiercest fighting, where many have been living in makeshift bomb shelters, waiting for breaks in the bombardment to make quick trips for food and water.
In Kiev-controlled Slaviansk, refugees arrived in buses from Debaltseve and other frontline towns.
Pensioner Vyacheslav Gurov said half of his town of Avdiivka had been completely destroyed.

No comments: